Sometimes you get a craving and need something sweet now, now, NOW! This ice cream is perfect for these moments, from start to goal within one and a half minute.
You can vary the berries and fluids as you like. Black berries and cream is delicious! I remember making this ice cream with skimmed milk during my Weight Watcher days.
There are plenty of recipies like this one online. My twist is adding slowroasted almonds for interesting flavour and texture.
You need a food processor for this.
For one serving you need:
- 5-10 almonds, preferably toasted (optional)
- 100 grams frozen rasberries or other kind of berries
- about 1/2 cup full fat greek yoghurt. You can use cream instead but I like the yoghurt combinated with rasberries
- Lemon zest from 1/4 lemon (optional)
- Sweetener of choice equal to 1-2 teaspoons sugar. I use birch xylitol
Put the almonds in the food processor and blitz them to crumbs.
Add frozen rasberries and quickly blitz to crumbs.
Add lemon zest, sweetener and yoghurt and blitz until blended.
Check your ice cream for sweetness and texture. You might have to add some yoghurt and/ or sweetener. Blitz again if needed.
Pour into a bowl and enjoy!